Application for adoption...
Please feel free to copy and paste these questions (or print them out and mail the completed application to us via US Mail) when applying to adopt one of our puppies. Additionally, please include 3 character references from people who have known you for at least 2 years, and a photo of you & your family (if applicable) as well as the surroundings where the puppy will live. The application fee is $50 and is in addition to the purchase price of your puppy.
Again, thank you for your interest in our dogs! It is our utmost concern that we screen our customers to ensure that our corgis go to the best homes possible. They deserve it. :-)
1. How did you hear about Countryside Corgis?
2. What is your living arrangement? If renting, are you allowed pets? How much "green space" do you have?
3. Do you have children? Ages? How do you think they will respond to the new puppy?
4. How many hours a day will the puppy/dog be left alone? Where will it be kept?
5. Are you willing to send me at least 2 pictures a year so I may see the dog and its environment?
6. Do you have any objections to a spay/neuter contract?
7. Please provide your complete name, address and contact phone numbers. How long have you lived at your current address?
8. Who will be responsible for the primary care of this dog?
9. For your previous pets, where are they now and how long did you have them? Have they been neutered/spayed?
10. Please write a short essay describing some of your hobbies, how you like to spend your free time and what characteristics are you looking for in your new puppy?
11. What will happen to the dog in the event you can longer care for the dog, whether it be a life threatening illness or a change in living arrangements, etc?
12. How many times a year do you take vacations? Do you plan to board the pet while you're away or will you bring your pet with you?
13. Please provide the name and contact information for your vet. If you don't have one, what is your plan to find & secure one?
14. Are you aware of & prepared to provide for the physical & mental exercise corgis require? How do you plan to provide this for your new corgi puppy so it will be happy?
15. Are you willing to provide basic obedience training for your puppy?